What is PIVlab?
PIVlab is a Matlab toolbox that calculates velocities in image data (movies, pictures). It uses a method called 'Particle Image Velocimetry'. Usually, this method is used to calculate velocities in fluids. But there are also many other possibilities.
- userfriendly and GUI based PIV tool
- multi-pass, multi-grid window deformation technique
- import bmp/ tiff/ jpeg image pairs/ series
- multiple image sequencing styles
- individual image masking and region of interest
- image pre-processing
- two different sub-pixel estimators
- multiple vector validation methods
- magnitude/ vorticity/ divergence/ shear / ...
- data smoothing, vector field highpass
- multiple colormaps
- extensive data extraction tools
- synthetic PIV image generator
- many data export features
- main features accessible via comand line scripting