Recently, Sergey, a Junior Researcher at the ISSP RAS contacted me and told me that he found a way to make PIVlab (specifically the DFT window deformation part) much faster. He rewrote PIV_FFTmulti.m in a way that doesn't use 'for loops' anymore. The result is a heavily improved processing speed of PIVlab. I tested MATLAB versions 2011a, 2014b and 2015a. The speed was improved by a factor between 7.9 and 10.6 for a 'standard analysis' with three passes. Improvements up to a factor of 30 seem possible.
Thanks a lot Sergey, this will save a lot of people a lot of time!!
|* userfriendly and GUI based PIV tool
* multi-pass, multi-grid window deformation technique
* import bmp/ tiff/ jpeg image pairs/ series
* multiple image sequencing styles
* individual image masking and region of interest
|* image pre-processing
* two different sub-pixel estimators
* multiple vector validation methods
* magnitude/ vorticity/ divergence/ shear / ...
* data smoothing, vector field highpass
* multiple colormaps
* extensive data extraction tools
* synthetic PIV image generator
* Many data export features
* main features accessible via comand line scripting