Major update: PIVlab 2.0
In the past, it happened quite often that the user interface of PIVlab was not displayed correctly on Mac computers. So I decided to completely reprogram the user interface "by hand" (that means without using Matlabs built-in GUI IDE called "GUIDE"). It was quite some work, but I believe PIVlab is now future-proof and easier to maintain. GUIDE was crashing pretty often in the last months, making enhancements very difficult.
|I needed to print the whole interface on paper to correctly recreate it from scratch|
So these are the changes:
- GUI rewritten from scratch, should now be displayed correctly on all operating systems
- Added prefernces in the menu: You can change the panel width of the UI if the UI elements are not scaled correctly.
- Changed "Load external mask": You can now make masks outside of PIVlab and save them as black-and-white TIFs. When you import these masks, then white will become a masked area and black is non-masked area.
- Added TECPLOT file format for export.
- Background subtraction GUI only worked with grayscale images --> fixed.
- "Save as Matlab file" improved: Will now save in a slightly different format. If you click "Save all frames", then only one mat-file will be generated that contains the data of all frames.
- Improved "Save session": Now uses compression and a more recent file format.
- Fixed bug when exporting as image files
- Enhanced the "Disable autocorrelation" method
- Fixed bug when zooming
- Fixed minor UI bugs