PIVlab update 2.2
New features / enhancements:
- New and enhanced correlation algorithm (linear correlation instead of circular correlation). Details here.
- Correlation quality dropdown menu:
- Normal: Circular correlation, linear window deformation
- Better: Circular correlation, spline window deformation
- High: Linear correlation, spline window deformation
- Extreme: Linear correlation, spline window deformation, repeated correlation
- Suggestion for selecting an appropriate interrogation area size. Works by trying to count the amount of texture / particles and calculating the maximum displacement. PIVlab will try to suggest settings so that every window contains sufficient texture / particles and the displacement is not too large.
- Quick acces toolbar for the most important PIVlab functions. Will not be displayed if there is not enough space in PIVlab's program window.
- Automatic histogram limiting and stretching works now seperately for both images of a frame. This accounts better for unevenly illuminated images
- Synthtic image generator now saves an additional file with information on the real displacement of every pixel
- Added "Analyze current frame" button in PIV settings tab. Makes it easier to play with the settings and to see the effects instantly
- Added x and y image coordinates when exporting data from polylines / circles
- In addition to the existing possibility of calculating mean velocities over time, you can now also calculate the sum of velocities / displacement
- PDF file export fixed
|Quick access buttons|
|Correlation quality dropdown menu|
|'Analyze current frame' button in the PIV settings menu|
|Suggest PIV settings in the PIV settings menu|
|Example for suggested PIV settings|
|Sum of displacements can now be calculated|