What is PIVlab?
PIVlab is an extremely easy to use Matlab toolbox that calculates velocities in image data (movies, pictures). It uses a method called 'Particle Image Velocimetry'. Usually, this method is used to calculate velocities in fluids. But there are also many other possibilities. Recently, ensemble correlation was added, making PIVLab suitable for micro-PIV too.
- userfriendly and GUI based PIV tool
- multi-pass, multi-grid window deformation technique
- ensemble correlation
- import bmp/ tiff/ jpeg image pairs/ series
- multiple image sequencing styles
- individual image masking and region of interest
- image pre-processing
- two different sub-pixel estimators
- multiple vector validation methods
- magnitude/ vorticity/ divergence/ shear / ...
- data smoothing, vector field highpass
- multiple colormaps
- extensive data extraction tools
- synthetic PIV image generator
- many data export features
- main features accessible via comand line scripting